Asset filenames with underscores and hyphens

Feb 28, 2022

I have run into an issue in which the exported assets in the SCORM package occasionally have an - or _ at the beginning of the filename which our LMS (Meridian) support has identified as an issue when trying to upload. In the past, I have been able to replace the problematic asset and re-export to resolve the issue but am finding that I am chasing my tail now because each export generated different results and different assets with the naming issue. I understand that RISE assigns prefixes to the assets (and have read the discussions related to their problematic length) but is there a way to prevent it from putting characters at the beginning of the filename?  It is an issue with both user created assets and those from the Rise library. Videos, images and audio are all affected. I have made multiple attempts on different browsers, OS, and machines with similar results. In some cases it's a png of my user initial avatar so it's pretty frustrating something like that can prevent publication. 

1 Reply