Audio transcript in Rise

Nov 15, 2016

Hello,

I'm loving Rise so far as an addition to the Articulate product line. Is there a way to show audio transcript? In Storyline 2 I utilize the notes section and then rename the notes tab in the menu "transcript." Is something like this possible in Rise?

15 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kyle,

Rise doesn't have a notes feature similar to what you've used in the past for Storyline 2. I'm not sure how that would look/work based on the responsive set up - as it may be harder to show the transcript at the same time as listening to audio - but I'll leave that in the capable hands of our developers. If you didn't already, please share your thoughts here in the form of a feature request! 

Hi Jacqueline,

The big difference between Rise and Storyline 2 would likely boil down to Rise being a web based authoring tool which creates responsive output for the best experience on any device (desktop, mobile, tablet). Storyline is one of our desktop authoring tools, and within Articulate 360 we've made a lot of updates from Storyline 2 to Storyline 360 as well. Here is a great comparison of the two Storyline versions and also a general FAQ about Rise to get you started. 

The key point to remember is that because both Rise and Storyline 360 are part of Articulate 360, you’ll have access to a ton of other apps, content, and even training with Articulate Live. Also because it’s a subscription, we’re able to release new features to Articulate 360 faster.Check out the What's new page for some of the recent things we've added since Articulate 360 was released in November 2016. 

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any other questions!

Hi Jacqueline,

You're correct that Storyline has more capabilities connected to animation, similar to what you'd see in Powerpoint, than Rise does. Rise is truly designed to help you author and create quick, entirely responsive e-learning courses. The really awesome thing about Rise is that it's a part of Articulate 360 so that when you need to do something with a bit more robust animations you have access to all the other tools such as Storyline and Studio. I find this video on how to choose the right E-Learning Tool for the job really helpful to think through what I want to create and which tool suits my needs best. 

Hope that helps and feel free to let us know if you need anything else!