Bookmarking in Rise

Mar 29, 2022

Would you mind helping me regarding the learning assets built in rise? I don’t know how it is possible for the learner to bookmark the course they are taking in Rise. I don’t want them to come back every day to follow where they left, and Rise takes them back to the beginning of the course.

Any insights from you will be really helpful.

6 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Rana,

If you are using a LMS, student progress tracking and bookmarking should be happening automatically.

In our LMS, when a student returns to an "in-progress" course, when they login, they are taken to the start of the last Rise lesson they were busy with during their last session.

All of the progress from previous sessions are also loaded back into the course, and they will see which Lesson were previously completed.

Rana Pouri

Hi Karl, 

I really appreciate your help and response. I also want to know if there is bookmarking before it's in the LMS and does it preserve session variables (such as % complete)? As the courses which are written in Storyline 360, have bookmarking. Every time you load those courses, it asks you if you want to return to your previous location. It's such a helpful feature for the reviewers. But it seems every time the page remains untouched for a certain amount or when you come back tomorrow to review the rest, it takes you back to the beginning of the Rise course. 

I'd appreciate your insight on this matter, too.