Bulk edit captions for image carousels

Jun 08, 2021

Hi,

New here to Articulate so still learning.  I'm currently trying to create a bunch of image carousels and I have lots of captions to add.  I need to change the default text formatting (e.g., increase font size and center justify).  Problem is I only see a way to edit each caption individually.  If I have 10 images/captions in a carousel, is there a way to bulk edit all captions in a carousel without having to edit each one individually?  Just trying to find a way to speed things up!

Thanks
Alexia

3 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Alexia,

Welcome to the Rise forums.

When working on an image carousel block, when you click on EDIT, you will see the thumbnails for all the images in the carousel.

Right below each thumbnail you can add the caption for that image.

So you add all your image captions on one page. You can also do any required text formatting on the same page.

This is quicker than paging through each of the images in the carousel and adding and formatting the captions there.

Alexia Thomas

Hi Karl,

Thanks.  I think I'm already doing this - adding all captions on one page (which is definitely nicer than paging through each image!). But, I still have to format each caption on this one page separately.  I don't see a way to select all captions at once.  I also can't format one caption and then copy/paste into the next caption (the format resets to the default once I paste it).  Perhaps what I'm trying to do is not possible?

I attached a screenshot example of what I'm looking at.  The captions "blah", "flah" and "plah" I'm having to edit individually (once I edited the first caption, I still have to edit the second and third).