Can I set Rise to allow a learner to email an address of their choosing...

Feb 27, 2024

... rather than setting a fixed email address?

I want a learner to be able to send an email to their individual boss telling them what the learner is going to do as a result of the course.  Can I set Rise up to open a blank email for the learner to enter the address and their text?

3 Replies
Rus Slater

Hi Jose

Thank you for your response but sadly....it doesn't work. I tried it in Rise preview, Review 360 and uploaded onto our Thrive LMS.

I get the same result in both cases- when I entered an email address in the button before publishing AND when I left the email address field blank for a learner to complete.

In both cases I get mail.google.com refused to connect.  We use Google mail with @vonage.com

Rus

Steven Benassi

Hi Rus!

Thanks for following up! Glad to see Joe has been helping you!

Testing the behavior on my end, a learner was able to enter an e-mail address of their choosing and send the e-mail successfully. The process of this function relies upon an e-mail client being installed on the user's machine. If you don't have one installed, I would suggest installing a client like Outlook Mail or the Gmail application, and testing the functionality again.

Please let me know if that does the trick!