Can content from Rise be read out loud to a user?

Nov 22, 2017

I have a client that needs eLearning to be accessible to all learners, and we are using Rise to create the content. For the hearing-impaired, can content from Rise be read out loud to a user? This may be dependent on the reading program, but likely has something to do with how content is coded in Rise. Does anyone know if we have to do something specific within Rise to make this possible?

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Erica, 

We're still working on some more accessibility features for Rise, one of which is too allow the content to be read by a screen reader.

The accessibility features are an extensive effort which requires thorough testing so an ETA on these features is still in flux, but once we can share more, I promise that we will. 🙂 

Take a look at our “What’s New” page to see some recent updates to accessibility and what's up next! 

Renz Sevilla

Hello everyone! I’m happy to share our Rise 360 Accessibility Collection, which includes the VPAT to describe how Rise 360 conforms to WCAG 2.1 Level AA criteria.

We also updated our roadmap to include Rise 360 features we’re continuing to develop to better support WCAG.

Let me know your questions and experiences building accessible courses for all!