Can I Grant Blanket Edit Access to My Rise Courses to a Coworker?

Jun 28, 2022

I've been using articulate for 3 years how, so I've got quite a few courses created. I have a new team mate who just finished her first course. I'd like to allow her to collaborate on my existing courses when needed, but I'm hoping there's an easier way to do that then going into each one and assigning her the role of collaborator. For example, we recently received a request to swap out an attachment of an existing course I'd made, and I was out of the office. She had the time to do this, but couldn't access the course because I had not made her a collaborator. 

My former manager had built a few Rise courses, and our admin did something that gave me access to all of his courses in a separate folder (see attachment). Ideally I'd love to have the ability to do this with peers who are still with the company - I can automatically see and edit their stuff, but it's not all intermingled with my own courses. If there's a way to do this with other active accounts, I'd love to know how. Otherwise, could that be considered for a future enhancement?

Pinned Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.

4 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Laine,

The only way to add collaborators, is to enter the email address of one person at a time, one course at a time.

Your screenshot seems to indicate that all of your former manager's course were transferred to you, making you the new course owner. That's a completely different situation. 

Laine Ahrens

Thank you for confirming there is not a better way to accomplish this.

I understand that my manager leaving and having an inactive account is different, but I like the way his transferred courses are all grouped in one place, separate from my own. I would like to be able to separate my work from those on which I'm just a collaborator, and included this as an example of what I think would be a nice feature, both for organization purposes, and by avoiding the need to add team members as collaborators manually each time. The way I'm envisioning it, they would essentially be collaborators by default and I could at any time go in and review a course, help with it, or as in my case this week, make a quick update on behalf of a coworker who was temporarily unavailable. It'd be akin to assigning someone the collaborator role at the account level, rather than at the course level. Hopefully that makes sense. 

Luciana Piazza

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.