Can I move components around in Rise Timeline?

Jun 19, 2017

I have a very long and detailed course and decided to experiment with Rise to create an overview of each of the modules for prospective students. I will have around 30 modules, so need 30 components on the timeline.

As I am adding the module overviews I am thinking - hmm, that really needs to come before that one.

I assumed when I started that I would be able to move the components around as I needed. However, it seems the moveable numbers on the 'timeline' at the top won't change position and are simply to enable me to make space to allow me to add other components in between existing ones?

In which case, is there is a way I can duplicate a component?  Or do I have to delete and recreate a component in the amended position, rather than being able to drop and drag or duplicate?

I really hope I'm missing something here :).

11 Replies
Kim Gould

Hi Phil and Crystal, thank you. I have tried to move them, but it's not working.

I've attached a peek showing what happens. You actually can't see the hand
in the screencast, so perhaps there is a setting that will make it visible
and someone could also comment on that.

But in regard to the timeline - no I can't get them to move, as you can
see.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/b3df7b98-a104-4e42-9de1-655c33f9c308/review

PS. I have just tried to move them in Chrome and it's not working there either.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Kim,

Thanks for the screen recording--now we see the culprit! This seems to be happening when the points on the timeline are very close together. I'm going to take this to my team so we can begin looking at next steps. 

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, and I'm really sorry if this is slowing you down. I'll post an update here as soon as I get more information!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi again Kim! We've done a bit more testing and found that you should be able to move the numbers on the timeline by clicking and dragging them to an empty space on the timeline. In your case, that would be the left or right end. Here's a Peek of what I mean. Give that a try, and let us know if it works the same for you. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.