Can I publish courses if I don't own them?

Aug 08, 2018

We have a handful of people in our organization creating courses. We all share these courses for group editing, but it doesn't seem that adding a collaborator adds full rights. For example, we can't publish another person's course. This creates issues when a person is on vacation for a week or if, god forbid, they leave the company and take their password with them. 

Is there any way to have more control of the courses on my team?

3 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi, Garrett. Really appreciate your insight and great question; I'd love to lend a hand!

While Articulate 360 Teams subscribers can easily collaborate on Rise courses, only the course owner can publish the course at this time. Here’s how each feature works with collaborators. ☺️

That said, some possibilities can be to either transfer a course to a different owner or send a copy of a course to other authors (keep in mind that any changes made in the copy won't appear in the other authors' versions, and vice versa.).

I've also tagged this thread to be updated if there are any new developments with this feature. Thanks again for your feedback, and we're here if you need anything else!

Michael Bauer

This would be handy ... no matter who creates the course in our team, we add the others to collaborate so quick updates can be made. However, as is always the case, the day the owner is away is the day an update and republish needs to be made.

Perhaps there can be an option for "collaborate and amend" and also "collaborate, amend and publish".

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.