Can't edit content

Jun 12, 2018

Hi! I'm trying to edit a module in Rise, but when I click "Edit Content", nothing happens. If I refresh the browser, I get a notice that I'm currently editing the module. When I click "Take Control", nothing happens.

I'm using Chrome on a Mac and my browser is up-to-date. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

16 Replies
Katie Riggio

Yikes, Irina! I'm sorry your colleague has come across this behavior in Rise. 

Mind sharing one of your course's name and URL with our Support Engineers, so we can do a deep dive? They're rockstars when it comes to pinpointing the root of such issues, so you and your teammate can get back to editing content without any interruptions. ☺️

Aviva Minc

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Has this glitch been resolved? I'm using latest Chrome on my MacBook and when I want to edit text (align, bold, anything... ) it won't let me choose anything. It the choice just disappears and doesn't actually action. So i click on align centre but it doesn't align or do anything. Click bold and it doesn't bold. It works fine in the same project on my PC when i tested it. So seems to be a Mac glitch. Help please :) 

Karl Muller

What happens to me regularly on the PC using the latest version of Chrome, is that I'm able to select text, but when the formatting toolbar appears, none of my selections are applied. or example, if I change the color, size, alignment, none of the changes are applied to the selected text.

Is this what you are experiencing? 

What I do when this happens, is close out my course and then access it again immediately.

Most of the time this fixes the issue.

Deb Beverley

I am also have issues editing text blocks in Rise. I have tried closing down the web browser, logging out, and opened a different browser but the issue has persisted all afternoon. 

What I am experiencing is: I place my cursor in the middle of the list of sentences for a sub-bullet, numbered item,  and press enter to create a new sub-bullet numbered item. The lines do not move down though, and my cursor 'jumps' below the sub-bullet and gives me a new Parent  numbered item. 

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Deb! So sorry to hear you're having issues editing text blocks in Rise.  Please try to access Rise in Incognito or InPrivate window (Windows: Press Ctrl + Shift + n. Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n) 

Do you still get the same issue when in Incognito?

If you're still having issues, please open a case with us here.

Natalie Whitmore

Hi there! Just wanted to pop in and say that I was having the same issue as Avivia, and as Alyssa suggested I exited and then re-opened the course and I was able to use the formatting buttons. But I just thought I would mention that this issue still appears to be happening 2 years later in case your team wasn't already aware! (For reference I am a PC user and I was editing my course in Chrome!)