Rise course won't start (button)

Nov 06, 2017

Hi there,

My other courses start fine (in Preview, not live).

I am trying to preview Course A. It brings me to main preview course intro page. When I click "Start" button nothing happens, nothing tries to load. If I go down to course sections and click any of them, page scrolls to top, then nothing. This is very odd. What's going on?

Has this happened to anyone else?

edit 1 — from Preview, I also cannot click the normal dot grid to go back to main Rise thumbnail home page.

Logged out and in, nothing helped. Now I am getting error message that Dan (me) is currently editing the course and do I want to take over. 1 — I'm not. 2 — If I try to click either "Take Over" or "Cancel" nothing happens.

Some caching weirdness? Again, already logged out/in. Also tried in incognito browser.

Edit 2 — From Edit mode, I now can't click "Setting" "Share" "Review" or "Export" or "Preview".

12 Replies
Daniel O'Keefe

Hi Ashley. I really appreciate that work. Thanks so much.

And yet...I would love to know what went wrong. I happened to have the cushion yesterday to be able to not work on that project and not show that project to a client, but we worry for the future. So what was the problem and how likely is the problem to repeat.

Again, thanks very much for the attention and relatively quick fix.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Daniel, 

The issue the course ran into was a regression caused by a fix our team implemented, which caused the knowledge check block to be unreadable within our app.

In plain English, a hiccup in the system based on a fix we pushed out. The big take away is that your data wasn't at risk of being lost or corrupted. 

Hi Amy,

I was looking at this issue with our Product team, and we saw it's only the first lesson that you can't navigate to. I can click on any of the others to jump to that specific lesson. Can you tell me if that matches what you see?

Also, while you're editing the course - do you ever see the "Take Control" message?

Let me know what you find, and we'll keep looking under the hood while we wait to hear from you. 

Hi Dalton and Amy,

Thanks for that info. I talked again with my team this morning and they saw that your first lesson has no content in it, which is why it's not allowing you to proceed there. It appeared to be an embed lesson, so once you add an Embed item you should be good to go. Also, if you were to delete or remove that lesson entirely it would also solve it.

Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.