Can you replace a Rise Assessment with an Engage Quiz?

Feb 08, 2024

hi

our LMS struggles to handle Rise Assessments, to the extent that most courses experience lagging of up to 10 seconds per click or unresponsive pages.

I am exploring the option of using an alternate assessment/quiz. I hear Engage has a quiz template, has anyone successfully used this for similar reasons?

thanks

6 Replies
Judy Nollet

I agree with Tom's suggestion about working with the Articulate support team to figure out why Rise quizzes are lagging in your LMS. You can contact them here: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact 

I also agree that if you decide to use an alternate program for the quiz, it would be better to use a Storyline block. However, be aware that Rise doesn't report quiz results from Storyline blocks. 

Here's one way to ensure that the user passes the quiz before they complete the Rise course.

• Set up the Storyline quiz with a Completion trigger on the Success layer.
  • When you publish the Storyline file to Review 360, set tracking via that trigger. (Be sure it is not set to track via completing the quiz.) 
  • After you insert the Storyline block in Rise, add a Continue button that is locked until the Storyline block is completed. 
  • After that Continue block, I suggest adding a block that tells the user they are done with the course and/or with that provides other summary info. 

Added note: When you publish the Rise course for an LMS, you can track either via the completion trigger in the quiz Storyline block or via course completion = 100%. 

Judy Nollet
The only thing I added was when I publish to SCORM 2004 I select Tracking via Course Completion=100%

Thanks for mentioning that! I originally neglected to include that info in my earlier comment. I edited it so it now has a note that you can track the Rise course that way. You can also track it via the completion trigger in the quiz SL block.