Changes to questions in the Question Banks Auto-updating

Apr 14, 2023

We have recently produced a large asset question database. Some of these question have been added to modules and to main quizzes.

We assumed that if there was an update on our system we are producing the material for, for example a button name update. Which would mean we had to make a small change in the question database it would automatically update when the question appeared in an already created quizzes. 

Logically thinking that as the question is being pulled from the database we created. It would just automatically update. However this does not seem to happen at all!

Am I doing something wrong, if this is not a feature why does it not update as it is pulling from the database which I would assume is live?

5 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Richard,

Great question! I understand that you are not seeing changes made to your quiz banks in your quizzes. I’m happy to work with you to figure out why this is happening!  I have a follow-up question regarding the quizzes so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

• Have you tried clicking the "Insert draw" button after changing the question bank questions? This step is crucial to seeing the changes in your course.

Also, if the courses have already been published, you will need to republish them to see those changes in the course.

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!

Christie Catteeuw

John, 

I am trying to follow along here too.  So some of our lessons are using the same question bank strategy in Rise. I am using the draw functionality for all quizzes.

Example: Micro learning lesson 1 has 5 questions pulling from bank 1, the cumulative assessment housed in a different rise course also pulls from bank 1 but at random and only 2 questions.

Q: If I need to update a question in the bank do I need to republished the scorm package for both lesson 1 and the cumulative so they capture the edits made to the question bank? 

Angelo Cruz

Hi Christie! If both the Rise course and the Microlearning course have been published prior to the update, then you'll need to re-publish them for the changes to take effect.

If not, you can try John's suggestion above by clicking the "Insert draw" button after making changes to the question bank questions.

I hope this helps!

Karyn Bailey

If I have a published rise using a quiz with a question bank and the SMEs review and provide updates on the questions. If I update the question directly in the Rise quiz the question did not update in the question bank. Is there a way to update a quiz question in a rise and have it update in the question bank automatically or by clicking a button, etc?

Jose Tansengco

Hi Karyn,

Happy to help!

The link that you shared with your SMEs for review was the published version of your course. If a small change was made to the unpublished version of your course, you'll need to republish the whole thing for the changes to take effect. There's also currently no available feature that can automate this process.