"Click to Flip" on Flash Cards

Jan 17, 2023

On the demo Rise 360 course that we were given to review, it has some text on the first flash card that says "Click to Flip". We would like that to appear on the Rise course we're building, but I can not find the setting/option to enable that. There's a "enable card hint" setting which is checked, but that just makes the little circle show/hide. How do I get the text to appear?

3 Replies
Rebecca Smallwood

So there's no way to make the "Click to Flip" text always appear on the first item, as it is in our demo set of files? (see attached)

That's pretty bad UI, imho. If the hint only appears when someone hovers over the icon, that's kind of useless - someone who doesn't know what to do isn't necessarily going to know that they should hover over the icon.

Sherri Fricker

I also wonder how we can help people to better understand how to interact with the flip cards - meaning that you have to click (or select) the card to flip it and then use the arrows to move to the next card. People don't always catch the flip part and just look at the fronts on 4 cards or keep flipping the 1 card and don't move back and forth between all 4.