Closed Captions issue in Rise from Camtasia

Feb 15, 2023

Hi team, I'm facing an issue where I've kept the transparency of the Closed Captions in Camtasia to 30%. Still, when I import the CCs to Rise in a video, the background of the CCs, which I've kept 30%, is completely black, the font and the size properties have also been lost, and the Captions appear in the default style of Rise.

1 Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hi Adil, 

Thanks so much for reaching out. Sorry to hear you're running into this issue importing your Closed Caption files. 

It doesn't seem possible to keep the original style of the captions, so you may consider using an iframe instead, as suggested by my colleague Tom shared in this related discussion

I assume the Camtasia content is embedded in a player which would house the missing elements. When you insert the video into Rise, you're only inserting the video.

Two options:

1. Upload the published Camtasia files to a server and then insert them into Rise as an iframe.
  2. Export the Camtasia CC file. Import the mp4 video into Rise and insert the CC. You lose the other Camtasia elements but you do retain the CC.

Please take a look for additional insights and let me know if it helps!