continue button not working.

Nov 15, 2021

I have a document that I need the  learner to be required to open. I have the document and then the continue bar set to require previous block to be completed?  It was working and has stopped.  Any advice?

14 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Leslie! Is the button set to Complete block directly above or Complete all blocks above?

Also, did you use an attachment block to attach the document to the lesson?

If you don't mind sending the Course Share link, we'd be happy to take a closer look! You also have the option to send it privately here

Caryn Carman

Hi Alyssa,

Adding to this question thread b/c I am having a similar issue. I have a button block followed by a continue block set to "complete block directly above". In "edit" mode, it displays correctly as a locked block but when I switch to preview, the continue button is active before I touch anything on the page. 

I have tried refreshing the course page, deleting the continue block and re-inserting, deleting the continue block then backing out of the lesson and going back in to re-add, doing the same but backing out of the course. 

I'd appreciate any other steps I can try to get it to work again. My course has tons of proprietary content so I'm not really free to send over. 

Thanks in advance!
Caryn

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Caryn!

You can use continue blocks to require learners to complete carousel blocks, checkbox lists, audio blocks, video blocks, accordions, tabs, labeled graphics, processes, sorting activities, flashcards, knowledge checks, scenario, and Storyline blocks. (Although button blocks and attachment blocks are interactive, you can’t require learners to complete them.)

Stan Sinasohn

Can we request this as a feature?  I have a lesson where I need the users to complete two sections, which I have linked through a button stack, before continuing. It would be nice to make sure they visit the two sections before continuing (I know I could put them in as subsequent lessons, but I want this more as a branching structure).

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michael! 

You can use continue blocks to require learners to complete certain interactive blocks, but continue blocks can't prevent a learner from skipping content that was embedded from outside of the Rise 360 course.

Some course authors choose to add a checkbox list block below the embedded form with a statement: "I confirm that I have completed the form above."

Then, add a restricted continue button below the checkbox that will become enabled when the learner checks the box.

Would that work for your course?