Cover Photo Set Correctly, But Displays Incorrectly in Course

Apr 19, 2024

Hello,

I have a course built in the Apex theme with the "split right image" layout. The photo on the cover page looks fine when you look at it in the "Theme" menu, but when you look at it in preview mode or through Review 360, the photo is showing differently/incorrectly when the course is viewed on a computer screen. It is cutting off the top of the photo. See screen shots.

I tried having my photo constrained to square, cropping it, not cropping. Nothing works.

How can I prevent this from happening?

1 Reply
Steven Benassi

Hi Lauren!

Happy to share some insight on this!

When working with images in Rise, we recommend using images where important details won't be lost if the edges are cropped. Rise 360 content is fully responsive, so images may have different dimensions as they adapt to different devices and screen orientations.

We suggest using high-quality images and letting Rise 360 prepare them for web delivery. However, if you'd like an image to keep its specific file format and not undergo compression, you can disable image optimization on a case-by-case basis. To do that, just add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file. It'll upload and display exactly as you saved it!

Also, this article outlines the best practices for working with images in Rise 360. Please let me know if you have any more questions!