Creating a course from lessons

Dec 24, 2019

I want to create a text book using several lessons I wrote last year. Each of the lessons can and currently do stand alone. I thought I could create a text book by copying lessons and just adding them as if they were new sections. However, I have been unable to do so. Is there a way to accomplish my objective?

Thanks,

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Great question, Bill! 

You can reuse your existing lessons by copying them into a master textbook course. Here's how! 

1. Start by creating a new Rise 360 course that will be the master textbook course.
  2. Go back to your Rise 360 dashboard, and open a course that contains a lesson you want to copy.
  3. In the course outline, hover over the lesson, click the ellipsis that appears, and choose Copy to another course.
  4. When the course selector appears, click the course to which you want to copy the lesson.
  5. You'll see a confirmation message in the lower left corner stating that the lesson was successfully copied. Click the View button to jump directly to the course where the lesson was copied.

The copied lesson will appear at the bottom of the outline in the new course. You can change the order by dragging the lesson to another location in the outline.

Let me know if you have any questions about that process!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.