Creating a MOOC with limited enrolment for a cohort, and access to a discussion forum

Dec 14, 2023

Hi, I'm currently enrolled on a MOOC about generative AI. I saw this advertised in a newsletter that I follow, so I signed up, and was given access a couple of weeks later. The access only runs for a month, with a cohort of other participants all starting on the same date as me. We are then invited to browse through the course content, which looks very much like a typical Rise course, which I could easily recreate. What sets it apart is that within the course, there is a sidebar for the discussion forum to follow each module in Rise. When I browse the forums, I can take part without needing any further sign-in, and I can access the posts made by previous cohorts, as well as those by the current group. See screenshot of how the course appears with Rise content and forum links all visible.

My question is, could I recreate this with the tools I have available in Articulate 360? Could anyone offer advice about this? I think I could manage the short-term enrolment part manually through the LMS we're using, but I'm not sure about the forums.

1 Reply