Current Rise Issue

Aug 30, 2018

Is there an issue with the Rise Server??? currently all my .png files with no background are displaying a white background where they were not before. I cannot also publish to review or when in review see the previous published courses.

14 Replies
Gerry McAteer

Hey Matt I am experiencing the exact same issue as you are today. These are existing png images that have been transparent until today. This afternoon also getting ‘your computer is offline’ message while authoring in Rise. Did a full shutdown and reboot both issues still present. Let me know if you find a solution. Cheers Gerry

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Gerry and Matt,

As Dan linked to there aren't any outages at this point, and I double checked my publishing to Review as well, and all is working normally. 

Is it one Rise course that's misbehaving or you're having trouble with all your courses? 

For your png images, are you using them in a particular lesson or block type? Could you share one of them here with us to test? 

Let me know if you're still having trouble! 

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for sharing that link. I took a look and didn't notice the white background on flip cards, tabbed interactions, etc. but they were also images on a white background, so it's hard to tell. I saw a few photos that had text next to them as in this screenshot where you'd made the background grey. 

Can you share one of these transparent images with me so that I can take a look too? 

For the courses that won't export to Review, is it all your courses or only this one? Have you tried to duplicate any of the problematic courses to see if a new copy works differently? 

Matthew Francis

HI Ashley,

This morning the .png issue seems to have resolved itself but I will keep ckecking thoroughly.

I still can not view anything in review! The original course would not publish and return an error, but then i copied it and that seemed to publish OK but I can not see anything in review. THis is what is also happening with other courses, review opens, just can't see anything.

Jen Gayapersad

I'm so glad other people are experiencing this issue. I went through all my images and recreated the pngs again hoping this would solve it. Unfortunately it hasn't. This is the image in Rise and this is the image in Photoshop. I tried creating a new block and had exactly the same issue. Please help as I need to send my course for client review.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing those images. 

It looks like the example from Rise is cut off and showing more of the bottom of the lady in the image, whereas the Photoshop one is focused on her face. The issues folks were running into with transparent images was fixed the other week, but if you're still seeing it can you share one of those PNG files as well (vs. the JPG)?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.