Custom labels - in a team

Apr 21, 2022

I've used Rise for a long while, but newer to working in/leading a larger team.

Is there a way to create a custom label set that can flow through to everyone in the same Articulate Team?

Currently I have a step-by-step how to, and everyone creates the same set the first time they create a module, then they check that set is selected every time they build a module.

Surely there's an easier method I just don't know about? Thanks!

11 Replies
Nina Berggren, SKKs utbildningsavdelning

Hi, 

I work in a Team in Rise and have done some customized labels. I want to make it possible for my colleague in the Team to use the same customized labels. I have then exported my labels as XLIFF files and gave them to my colleague who imported them as XLIFF files in her settings. But it does not work. Why dose it not work? What are we doing wrong? 

Can some one please help me :-).

Thanks in advance.

Nina 

Steven Benassi

Hi Nina!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback! I'd be happy to help!

Just to confirm, did you and your colleague follow the process outlined here when exporting/importing the custom labels? Also, it would be helpful to see a copy of the XLIFF files and test the behavior on our end. Would you be comfortable sharing that here in the discussion or privately through a support case?

We'll delete them from our system as soon as troubleshooting is complete!

Hi Steven, 

Thanks for your answer. I attach one file of labels here so you can see how they look. I have customized some labels in my Rise and I wanted my colleague to use the same labels. Therefore I just downloaded my labels as XLIFF file, and did not do step 2, my colleague imported my labels to her Rise. But it did not work. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Nina,

Can you let me know how your labels were translated? You'll need to use translation applications like Trados or Smartcat to perform the translations if you plan on sharing the labels with colleagues. After translating your labels using translation applications, following the steps here should allow your colleagues to import the label sets to their own accounts.

Hi Jose, 

Thanks for your reply!

I have translated them my self. I have created at new label in my Rise and used the English version which I myself translated to Swedish. I don't need a translation application for that. I wanted my Team colleague to be able to use the same labels. 

It feels unnecessary that she should have to translate them herself because I have already done that job. Is there any other way for us, in the same Team, to share labels?

Samira Baumann

Hi Nina!

I had the same problem as you and unfortunately, Articulate Rise offers no direct way to share  our labelset with your team members. I will try to an export my labels, use a tool to "translate" them (e.g. type in the same labels where the translation would be)...

Here is another discussion about the same subject, maybe you find some helpful information there: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/rise-texte-labels-import-not-working

In my opinion, it would be really helpful to have a way to share labelsets with others. So I decided to make a feature request. If you also want to make a request, here is the link: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact/feature-request