RISE Texte labels import not working ?

Feb 27, 2024

Hello, I tried to import an xlf translation for the text label in RISE but it is not working.
Even when I try again by exporting and then importing (no modification) an existing personalised text label set, it only show the default English text after import.

Does the xlf translation stop working ?

9 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Chi PHAN,

Happy to help!

Translated labels will only be visible if you preview or publish your translated Rise 360 course. Can I ask if you've tried previewing or publishing your translated course to see if the process worked? If you have, please open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at your Rise 360 course and translation file to see what's happening. 

Chi PHAN
Jose Tansengco

Hello Chi PHAN,

Happy to help!

Translated labels will only be visible if you preview or publish your translated Rise 360 course. Can I ask if you've tried previewing or publishing your translated course to see if the process worked? If you have, please open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at your Rise 360 course and translation file to see what's happening. 

Hello Jose. Thank you for you answer. I tried previewing and it doesn't work. The text would stay in English. I  will open a case.

Samira Baumann

Hi everyone!

Is there already a solution for this issue?

I have exactly the same issue as Chi PHAN describes. When I noticed the issue I also tried exporting and importing a labelset and it also switched to the English default text. I first noticed it about one week ago. I tried it again yesterday and it still persists.

I did some testing with the issue:

• It happens both in Firefox (version 125.0.1) and Chrome (version 124.0.6367.60).
  • It happend to all six people that I asked if they could try importing my labelset (yesterday).
  • It happens independendly of the course. I tried it in at least 3 different courses, one of them I created newly just for the testing (today).
  • It happens independendly of the labelset. I tried at least 3 different sets, one of them I created newly just for the testing (today).

I just read Jose Transengco's comment and tried both the PREVIEW button and publishing my course in Review 360 but in both cases it shows English labels.

Chi PHAN

Hi Samira. I sent a message to Articulate support ans here's the answer to my case :

"If the label was manually translated directly from Rise 360, you can't extract an XLF file that would work in your account.
Other than manually translating, the only other way a label set can be translated is by importing an external XLF file that's properly formatted (has gone through proper translation)."

Meaning, if I understand correctly, that you can't simply export an XLF from your label set and import it to another course. That exported XLF file is for translation only. You have to translate the exported XLF file, then reimport. And if you want to share that label set, you have to share the translated XLF file, not the newly exported XLF from your translated label... 

Samira Baumann

Hi Chi PHAN

Thanks for your fast reply! :)

That feedback from Articulate surprises me, I don't really understand why an exported XLF-File should be different form an exported and then translated XLF-File. I would assume that the export-function does properly format the labels.

However, one of the labelsets that I tried to import was actually translated by a translation service. When importing didn't work, they checked the formatting and sent me the labels again, but it still didn't work.

I think I will also open a case, thank you. :)

Chi PHAN

Yes, if you could, please keep me up to date if you find some useful information. I didn't try it with a "properly" translated xlf yet, but if even that wouldn't work then we might have a huge problem.

From my understanding, there's 2 "columns" in an XLF file, the Source text and the Translated text. When you export, it would only fill the Source with your current text, and nothing in the Translated one, which is why it wouldn't work if you export then reimport.

Samira Baumann

I had contact with the support and importing a translated labelset should work. It doesn't matter if you export a built-in or a customized labelset for the translation. The important part is that you translate it using a tool that can work with XLIFF-files.
I didn't find out why my labelset doesn't work even though it was translated professionally, but it seems to be a problem with this specific translation and not a general problem.

And you were right about the the manually translated labelsets: If you translate a labelset directly in Rise and export the file, it is not meant to be re-imported. So there is no direct way to give your labelset to someone else. I made a feature request and hope that this feature will be added- If you also want to make a feature request, here is the link: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact/feature-request.