Custom Link(s) for RISE 360

Jan 03, 2020

Hi People. 

We are a higher-education Edtech start-up (catering primarily to MBA's (General Mgt, Sales & Marketing). Our main product is a game/case based simulation solution, that aims to answer questions such as: 

• How did Diesel become a cult jean company in a space of a decade when Levi’s could not achieve that cult status even after 100 years?; or
  • How does a salesperson, employed newly at Unilever, create a new pipeline for (say) Dove Brand products - soaps, cleansers, shampoo, lotion?

As you can see, there are innumerable combinations of strategies and tactics. Our platform provides users with a tangible set of business "attributes" that can go to provide tangible answers to the above type of questions; users/companies can also customise their own attributes. This can also be used in providing a simulation app for corporate training and development - where most training materials are in the form of videos and PPTs. 

We are also developing learning content for each module/submodule that helps provide solutions/options to the above type of questions. We intend to host the learning content on the Rise 350 platform. I have been developing learning content on Rise, and have encountered a few issues.  I will detail out business needs first and then gaps that I notice in the product. 

Business Need:

As part of our learning content,  we are developing a bunch of case studies with quizzes, plain quizzes etc. Each person taking the course will also have "Group Activities" that they can engage in. Here are my questions:

1. How can we create "user groups" within the Rise platform? For ex: my client could be a company having 3 groups of users with 5 people each. Each group will be given an activity, quiz, case study etc, as part of the learning process. How can we then have 15 people working on the same content, where we need to combine responses into 3 groups - for review and assessment? Almost like a leader board gaming concept. 
  2. Does each individual get a separate custom link? (ie) 15  links? Can  this be auto-generated? With a dynamic password that can be changed based on pre-defined parameters - time, days, etc?

Product Need:

1. I am using the Accordion block quite a bit. In one instance, I have case studies that I need to cite for each tab. And I would like these case studies to appear like the "Note" block. I could have other needs too - like a labelled graphic or other such items - that need to be embedded within a particular TAB. At this moment, I can only add a table, or bulleted/numbered lists. The fact that I can add these 3 types of block items, indicates that it will not be too much of a technical hassle to let the PLUS sign open up the "Blocks" panel! This will provide immense functionality to users. I did try to create a custom block - but that does not do what I need it to do. Any ideas? Is there a roadmap for this?

I look forward to hearing from you all soon - with some workarounds if possible! :) 

Thanks much.

Best,

Ananth

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Ananth! Thanks for sharing how you're using Rise 360! 

Rise 360 is an e-learning authoring app (part of the Articulate 360 offering) that makes it easy to create online training. However, it does not include the ability to share courses with learners or create user groups.

To solve your business need, I would recommend checking out Rise.com. Rise.com includes all the authoring functionality from Rise 360, plus a place to enroll learners, track their progress, and analyze training effectiveness—all within Rise.com. You can even create user groups and set course expiration dates for courses or learning paths. To see it in action, head over to rise.com! You can also email the Rise team at sales@rise.com

Now, let's get to your product need. It sounds like you want to create blocks within blocks—for example, a labeled graphic block within a tabs block. While that's not something on our roadmap at this time, I'll pass your feedback to our product team for consideration. Thanks for letting us know what you'd like to see!

Ananth Swaminath

Hi Alyssa

Thank you for your speedy response. 

1. Given that we are an Edtech company, our user base is global. So there is really no count by which I can measure the number of course participants. Given this, Rise.com does not seem like a fitting solution. As a workaround, is it possible for us to export Rise 360 courses in a manner what I can build a "wrapper" around it - enabling me to customise my peculiar requirements? In other words, Or can Articulate 360 import Rise 360 courses, where I can publish the courses as a MP4 file (say)? This will allow me to use the MP4's on my website that can have all the additional functionality I need - such as Teams, groups, etc. Please advise.

2. Re the product footprint - thank you for passing it on as a feedback. I hope this functionality can be incorporated. 

Best

Ananth

Karl Muller

You do not have to use Rise.com to deliver your courses.

You can export your Rise 360 courses as a SCORM package and import it into any number of other commercial LMS systems. If you choose your LMS carefully, there should be several that allow for the creation and management of teams and user groups. Depending on the LMS you should be able to create different learning activities and paths for each group.

You cannot export Rise 360 courses as a MP4 file.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.