Datadog

Jan 20, 2023

Hi,

We're having intermittent streaming issues with one particular Rise course and our IT folks are saying that the course is trying to contact something called Datadogs and hitting our firewall. It doesn't explain why it works sometimes and doesn't other so I think that's not the cause of the issue. In the main.bundle.js file you get when you output it does reference datadog in the script.

My question is... is Rise calling out to a 3rd party service when we run the course? And how can I remove it if it's going to cause issues? 

1 Reply
Christopher Santos

Hi Martyn,

Datadog is used by Articulate for analytics as specified in our Trust Center.  But if you need to safelist our services, you can provide your I.T. with the domains and services found in our network endpoint article.

You may be right, though, that there may be something else causing the streaming issue if it is happening intermittently.

Have you seen any pattern of when the issue will come up?  Also, are you streaming an embedded online video, or is it an uploaded video?  If it's an online video, does the issue happen when the stream is viewed directly too?

The issue might be environmental, but if you'd like our team's assistance, you are welcome to create a case with us.  We'll reach out right away once we have received your message.