Default closed caption enable

Nov 30, 2020

Can we enabled a closed caption as default, so that when we start play video it will show at user end.

4 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi SibaPrasad,

When you have Closed Captions set up on your slide, you will have access to a built-in variable called Player.DisplayCaptions.  All you need to do is to set up a trigger to change the state of that variable to True when the timeline starts for the slide and your Closed Captions will automatically be displayed when your audio begins:

Ned Whiteley

Hi SibaPrasad,

Please accept my apologies. As you had mentioned Closed Captions I automatically thought you were talking about Storyline, as I haven't used them in Rise 360. I should have noticed that you had used the Rise 360 tag at the top of your post, so my mistake.

This link will take you to a discussion on Closed Captions in Rise and from the eighth response (the second one by Alyssa Gomez) it would appear that you cannot turn the captions on by default.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/new-in-rise-360-closed-captioning

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.