Default text colour has changed

Mar 29, 2023

All default text in text blocks has now changed colour. This is extremely frustrating as we have designed OVER 600 COURSES to have the dark grey font colour (#313537) as this was the previous default. It is now set to black (#000000). So all the heading blocks we've designed to be dark grey, to match the default text, no longer matches! Can you please advise what can be done about this?

11 Replies
Dana Wardlaw

I recently discovered that some of the text in my Rise files has changed color from the original default to black. My files now include a strange combination of gray and black text, which I need to correct before delivering them to our client. How did this happen? And is there an easier way to fix it than the manual corrections I have planned? Thanks, Dana

Angelo Cruz

Hi Dana! I'm sorry to hear that you encountered an issue with the font colors in your Rise courses.

Are you seeing this change from a specific part of your Rise course or lesson block? Would you be able to share a screenshot or recording of what you are seeing? I would suggest opening a support case here so that our support engineers can have a closer look and find out what's possibly causing the change.

Dana Wardlaw

Thanks Karl, yes -- I'm sure that was the cause of the problem. Angelo, do you still want to see screenshots? Happy to provide, but I'm not sure how helpful they would be. The problem is just as I've described and the only fix I can imagine other than (frustrating) manual changes would be if there was a way to change font color (and size) in the theme such that it would automatically apply to all file text -- but that's not yet a feature in Rise (which I find quite surprising, and I just submitted a formal request for this feature). Thanks, Dana

John Morgan

Hi Dana,

Thanks for following up! I understand you would like to know if we still need you to attach the screenshots displaying the issue. I would say it's up to you. The screenshots wouldn't hurt but you described the issue well.

I saw you submitted a feature request. As Angelo mentioned, we’ll update this discussion when there is any news to share about this.

Katie Manzanares

Hello- I am an ID and what would be really helpful here is a way to change all body, header, subhead, font colors, size, and type at once so when a change like this is made, users are not having to go and change all text one at a time. 

Users who have modules prior to this change need to go in to each text block and change it one at a time. The ability to control this at a top level and "apply to all text" would be the ultimate solution.