Diversity and Inclusion Courses in Rise on Disability & Accessibility

Feb 20, 2023

I've seen a number of D&I courses in Rise developed by Articulate; however, I have yet to see one focused on disability awareness, disability pride, accessibility, or universal design. Disability Pride Month is in July, and it would be great to have a course available for employee resource groups for professional development in areas related to disabilities, diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. 

2 Replies
Mike Enders

Hi Michelle!

Thank you for reaching out with this suggestion. Might I ask who the largest audience would be for this in your org? Managers, Individual Contributors? Particular departments or functions? I'd love to hear your needs and the areas where you think content on disability awareness could make the largest impact. 

Thanks!

Mike

Jessica Fried

Would love this! I think ICs would be the right target for general and practical content- particularly on invisible disabilities like neurodivergence. Managers would likely need more legal/ ADA/ HR focused materials but typically adjustments that everyone can implement to make things more accessible benefit everyone, not just those with a disability. 

How to support teammates comes to mind right away- send agendas with every meeting invite, check that branding/ colors meet ADA compliance for contrast and font, rotate responsibilities for note-taking in meetings, etc..