Does Rise 360 ACTUALLY meet WCAG guidelines as described???

Jan 18, 2024

Are there any accessibility experts or accessibility testers out there who can confirm or deny that the Rise 360 blocks described here as fully accessible actually meet WCAG AA criteria? https://access.articulate.com/support/article/Rise-360-Choosing-Accessible-Components-to-Create-Online-Learning

I straight up don't trust Articulate to test these properly. I have tested the Process block, for example, in NVDA and yes, the screen reader can get to all the text, and all the buttons are technically keyboard accessible if you can see where to tab to to access them, but the focus order is such that its hard to imagine being able to follow through a process block if I couldn't see the structure of this block. 

That said, I am not unsighted myself and therefore am not a superuser of the JAWS/NVDA screen reader tools (only using them for my own testing). Perhaps I am not using them as effectively as a regular user would?

I can say with confidence that the feedback text on knowledge check blocks do NOT meet color contrast requirements, yet these blocks are listed as accessible anyway, so again, I don't feel I can trust that Articulate has used proper methods to arrive at their Accessibility Conformance report.

Be the first to reply