Duplicate Lesson in Rise Course Not Working

Aug 25, 2017

Is anyone having an issue where they are unable to duplicate a lesson in the Rise course? The option to 'Duplicate' is available, but when selected, nothing happens. My coworker has no problem with this feature, but it is not working for me. If you've had this problem, how did you fix it?

Thanks

16 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Michael, sorry that's happening! I can help you get to the bottom of it.

What browser are you using to edit your Rise course? You'll want to stick with the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. 

If you're already using one of those supported browsers and you're still having trouble, reach out to our Support Engineers here. They'll work with you one-on-one to straighten this out!

Ivonne Ambrozkiewicz

Hi there, this is my first day using AS. I started to create a course in Rise (per the recommended checklist first). I found myself editing the template for pre-loaded wellness program. Realising that it's making changes to that version as I go, I wanted to keep the original wellness program (as a template) and create my own course. I can't seem to duplicate the course. I followed the directions on how to duplicate by opening AS360. It says that I will see the Rise course in there but there's nothing there. Do I need to publish the course first? Any suggestions?

Allison LaMotte

Hi Ivonne,

I'm not sure I'm following here. It sounds like you'd like to duplicate a Rise course, but you're trying to do it via Articulate Storyline.

To duplicate a Rise course, you'll need to start by going to your Rise dashboard. Then, hover over the course tile, click the ellipsis that appears, then choose Duplicate. Finally, enter a name for the new course and click Save.

Can you give that a try and let me know if that works?

Julian Stubbs

Hi,

I've started my own discussion but not yet got a response so adding here. Both myself and a colleague are collaborators (with admin role) on several courses, but when we right click the courses and click duplicate it's starting to create a new course but then get's stuck saying "Processing course..." 

We are both working in different locations so it's not a network issue. Any idea what can be causing this?  We've only noticed this problem today. Previously we have been able to duplicate courses with no problem. 

Please see screenshot showing "Processing course..."  - would be fine if it actually did process the course, but waiting several minutes nothing happens. From previously using this, it's normally almost instant!

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks.

Julian

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Julian!

I’m happy to let you know that we released an update to Rise 360 today. We fixed the issue where courses got stuck "Processing" when duplicated by an Admin Collaborator. 

The new version of Rise 360 is live now, so please try duplicating the course again. Let us know if you run into any problems!