4 Replies
Sam Williamson

Hey Michelle,

I ran into this myself yesterday. For what it's worth everything displays properly in Microsoft Edge, so my guess is that a Chrome update broke something.

The easiest workaround I've found is to zoom the browser out slightly.

You can do this in Chrome either by pressing Ctrl and - or using the zoom interface in the three-dot menu in the top-right of the browser window. That should make the text reappear, at which point you can zoom back in if you'd like; everything should stay visible until you back out to the Marker selection menu.

The issue appears to be related to Markers with enough text that the entry box needs to add a scrollbar; my boxes with less text aren't affected. Not sure why zooming out to 90% eases things – a rendering issue? – but until there's a proper fix it's a fairly painless salve.

Hope that helps.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michelle and Sam,

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. We're seeing the same problem in Chrome, specifically when the amount of text is long enough for a scrollbar.

Our team is aware of the issue, and we're putting our heads together to find a solution. We'll keep you posted on our progress!