embedded video

Feb 29, 2024

Hallo,

I am trying to integrate a video as an embedded video. (<iframe....></iframe>) However, it always starts automatically when the page is called up. How can this be prevented?
Thanks for your help

7 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Uwe!

Happy to help with this!

To clarify, does this behavior occur when previewing the course, or in the published output? Also, does this issue occur across multiple browsers, or is it local to one?

If you're comfortable sharing the full iframe code, I'd be happy to take a closer look and test it on our end. Feel free to share it here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jennifer Baldwin

Why is it we cannot see the trigger in action in a preview (Review 360)? Maybe I built the trigger incorrectly.

My video also plays automatically, making it impossible for reviewers to hear the intro audio and click the video play button and observe the behavior. I find it hard to believe we need to create a SCORM file and build a course structure on our LMS.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Jennifer,

Happy to help!

Since you mentioned triggers, can I ask if you built your course in Storyline 360 instead of Rise 360? If so, have you tried changing this setting in your video to prevent it from automatically playing? 

If this isn't the setting you need, would you mind sharing a screenshot of what trigger you're referring to or a quick Peek 360 recording of the issue so we can investigate further?