Embedded videos in Rise 360 not playing full screen in LMS

Dec 04, 2019

I know that this topic has been raised before, but I'm not sure if there is a solution for it. I have created a course in Rise 360 in which there are 2 embedded videos. There is a full screen icon on the playbar which when I use in Preview mode opens the video in full screen. However, when clicking on the icon in the course on the LMS (SCORM 1.2) it does nothing. This is causing problems for people trying to view the videos. Is this a Rise, LMS, browser (IE11/Firefox) issue or a combo of all 3?

Thanks for any help - even if it's definite confirmation that it's not possible.

24 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Sue. We are tracking an issue where videos in courses that are hosted in an LMS within the same LMS browser window are not launching full screen. I'll keep you updated on any changes we make to that behavior.

In the meantime, are you able to launch your course in a new window from your LMS? Many LMSs have a launch behavior setting that you can toggle from frameset (same window) to new window.

Maryjo Hubbard

Hi, 

I am having the same issue. The full-screen option works in preview but not when uploaded to LMS. I tried both launching in frameset and in new window. The behavior is the same. The picture-in-picture icon is working but not the full-screen icon. 

We use ScormCloud and the full-screen icon is grayed out when previewed in ScormCloud also. 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Maryjo. Have a look at my SCORM Cloud settings in this quick Peek 360 screencast. I set both SCO Launch Type and Player Launch Type to "New Window." I also had the course open in a new window in a Moodle environment, and the video was able to use the full screen option.

Is SCORM Cloud your testing environment, or is it your main system? Let us know if you're using another LMS -- there may be another launch setting we're missing. Thanks!

Gopalakrishnan Shankar

Hi Crystal

Is there an update on this issue? When launching the course in a new window through the LMS setting, there are no issues with videos launching full screen. But the issue persists within the same window. It's been a year, so wondering if there is a new setting that helps sort out this issue!

Gopal 

Tiffani Johnson

Full screen videos should work if you export your course as a SCORM 2004 (4th Edition). However, some other users have found that this solution only works in Google Chrome.

See the thread in the link below for more information. Comments from Steve Flowers are especially helpful.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/full-screen-video-mode-does-not-work-in-scorm-lms

Eddie Russell

Hello all, I just wanted to add my voice to the list of people requesting to allow learners to go full-screen with embedded videos from within a SCORM 1.2 package.  It would be great if there was a setting in Rise to allow for this in an embedded multimedia object.  

In our use case, we're iFraming in an HTML file rather than a video.  We do this so that we can also point the video to a hosted .vtt caption file as well.  All of our files are hosted in a public GCP bucket.  I can get the video to embed fine and the captions to play as expected but even with HTML that explicitly allows for fullscreen, the option is being disabled both in Edit mode and Preview mode.  

Any further updates on this from the Articulate team?  Thanks!

Matthew Mehalic

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing this same issue. Exporting SCORM 2004 4th edition from Articulate Rise and uploading to our SAP Successfactors LMS. Our courses are set to launch in a separate window. Here's the issue that I don't fully understand: In SAP, we can link our content to our learning item as a Content Object or a Content Package. When linking as a Content Package, the full-screen button in the video player is greyed out and videos don't play fullscreen. But when linking content as a Content Object, the full-screen button works and the video plays full screen. The problem is that SAP does not support linking as a content object, and we have issues with course completion registering properly as a result. SAP refuses to help with this issue, they will not explain to me what the difference is when linking as a content object since they don't support that, and they insist this is to be handled by the content vendor. Can someone tell me where the full-screen information is stored in the SCORM content and what setting(s) may affect the full-screen behavior?

Hazel Bartolome

HI Ayyappa!

He didn't get back to us after our last reply. Kindly open a support case with us so that you can work directly with a technical support engineer. 

It would help if you could include the following information when you open a support case with us:

-Upload a screen recording of how you are the course as a course object and as course content and what it looks like on your end when the video shows up.

-Please test if the issue is happening on a single-lesson Rise course with a video. Is the issue also happening on all browsers or only on a specific one?