Embedding code into rise

Oct 22, 2019

Hi, I have a little calculator based on gravity forms which I would like to embed in my course - see here.  However, when I put the code into the code block it just showed the code.

How can I do this, please?

Thanks

11 Replies
Karl Muller

It certainly is possible. It may just be a question of cleaning up your embed code.

Here is an example that does work: <iframe src="https://services.cognitoforms.com/f/IfMMVaoVoE22ME8Xv9alyA?id=21" style="position:"relative";width:"1px";min-width:"100%";width:"100%;" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes" seamless="seamless" height="608" width="100%"></iframe>

Tessa Shepperson

Hi, I still have a problem.  I used your code Ilia but there was a massive space underneath the calculator.  I fixed this for desktop by making it 15% rather than 100% but this means it gets cut off in smaller resolutions such as tablet and mobiles.  

Is there any way we can show an alternative version based on viewport width?

Alyssa, your code puts in a box you need to scroll down which is OK but not ideal.

I have put both options on the test site here so you can see what they look like.  What do you think would be best?

Crystal Horn

Hi, Tessa. To answer your question, there isn't a way in Rise 360 to show different versions of content based on device size and orientation. Rise 360 content will reflow automatically based screen size, but it can't change the layout of external web content.

I'll leave the question of what looks best to you and your stakeholders!

Crystal Horn

Sure thing, Tessa. This article helps with embedding your Storyline 360 course in a web page using an iframe. Do you know what dimensions you selected in the line of code?

If the web page isn't respecting those dimensions, I'd reach out to the admin of that page to see if there are any restrictions on iframe content.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.