Embedding Rise | Skip "Intro

Feb 27, 2019

Good Afternoon My Fellow Rise Users!

I created some quick short scenarios in Rise that I am trying to embed into a different app, is it possible to skip the introductory pieces and jump straight into the content?

• Image 1480: Skip the first "scroll" that has the Rise title and "Start" button.
  • Image 1481: Remove the interaction title at the top of the screen

Thanks for the help everyone,

Eric

25 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Eric,

Right now, there isn’t a way to do skip the start screen, but we do have a feature request logged for that capability so I'll add your voice to the discussion.

The easiest way to get rid of the lesson title would be to simply type a space or two in place of the text.

If there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Logan Stahler

Hi Allison - any update on skipping the intro page in Rise? We are creating a resources page for families in the NICU and having to "start" the page every time is a bit tedious. I know this isn't the exact purpose for Rise, but it works well as a content curation tool!

Thanks,
Logan

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Logan! 

Crystal pointed out that you can copy a URL that links directly to a lesson in Rise 360, as long as the course is hosted on a web server. 

However, it sounds like you want to modify the lesson link, is that right? That's not something our team can help you with, but someone from the community may have tips to share! 

Logan Stahler

Hi Alyssa-

My understanding was that lesson URLs are unique to a learner (and not static). Is this not true for web-published Rise courses? Are lesson URLs the same for anyone who visits the lesson?

If so, my original question still remains - can I modify the published web output so that the index.html file launches right into that desired lesson, thus bypassing the start page? Is there a line of code in that file that I can edit where I can insert the lesson URL?

Thanks,
Logan

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Logan! You are correct — when a Rise 360 course is hosted on a web server, lesson URLs are the same for anyone who visits the lesson.

That being said, I haven't seen anyone modify the published web output so that the index.html file launches right into that desired lesson. Hopefully someone in the community can chime in and point you in the right direction! 

Logan Stahler

Hi, all-

Just an update: our web developer found a way to bypass the start page for Rise courses that are hosted on the web! It involves adding some redirect code into the index.html file, pointing to the lesson url of your choice. If anyone is interested in seeing this code, let me know and I'll post how to go about doing this. 

-Logan

James McCarthy

Hi Logan-
I'm very interested in learning how you and Jody did this.
Jim

James McCarthy, M.Ed
Learning Experience Designer

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE:

This message is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.

Angelo Cruz

Good news, everyone! We've just released a new feature that allows you to turn off the cover page when you publish for LMS to improve compatibility, streamline training, and get learners into content faster. Give it a try, and let us know if you have any questions about it!

Note: You can't hide the cover page for training created from Next Big Idea Club content templates.