Embeding Options

May 05, 2022

I'm brand spanking new to Articulate products, but at first blush, it's an outstanding platform.  I serve in the marketing and internal communications area for a financial institution as well as help to create content for our training department.  

As I was watching demos, I got to thinking of all the ways we could potentially utilize the program.  So...my question is this, is it possible to use different elements externally on our website? 

For example, I would love to be able to use the flash cards for scam/fraud education on our website.  Or creating an interactive way to guide customers/potentials to the right products for them.  The issue I have is keeping them on our website, not directing them elsewhere.  Is this a possibility?

3 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to the Rise forums.

It's not possible to break out parts of a Rise course like a Flashcard block and put it on a web site.

Using Rise terminology, the smallest part you put on a web site is a Rise Course.

A Rise course needs to consist of at least one Lesson, which in turn needs to consist of at least one Block.

You may want to look at Storyline 360 that is a sister product of Rise 360.

Storyline allows you to publish very small parts.

However the learning curve for Storyline is quite steep compared to Rise.

Christopher Santos

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to Articulate!

If you want to keep your customers on your site, you can embed external content if your site permits it.

Embedding should work whether you use Rise or Storyline.  Unfortunately, you can't use a Rise share link for embedding, so you will have to export your course as web and have it hosted on a web server.

If your site supports embedding, you can use an <iframe> to embed the Flash Card in your site.  You can refer to this article for a general guideline on how to do this:  How to Embed Published Content in a Web Page.

The instructions in that article mentioned pointing to the index.html page when using the embed code. You can copy the URL when the Flash Card lesson is open for a direct link to that lesson.  This URL can then be used when you follow the instructions in the embed article.