Exclude Lesson from Progress bar?

Mar 15, 2024

Hi everyone! I have a Rise course with a mandatory part and 1-3 non-mandatory lessons at the end of the course. They are important only for a sub-group of the users so not everyone has to visit them.

Is there a way I can exclude lessons from the count so that the progress bar shows 100% when all mandatory lessons are completed, even if the 1-3 additionall lessons have not been viewed?

This is not about the SCORM-Tracking but only for the user-experience, so that the users do not get confused that they only achieved 94% when they reach the end of the mandatory part.

5 Replies
ybncaozx pwrby

Hi Samira,

You can achieve this in Rise by marking the additional lessons as optional. This way, they won't be included in the progress calculation, and users will see 100% completion once they finish the mandatory part.

To mark a lesson as optional, simply edit the lesson settings and toggle the optional switch. This will check that only the mandatory lessons are counted towards completion.

Hope this helps!

Samira Baumann

Hi xbncaozx!

Thanks for your quick answer, that is exactly what I need. I cannot find the lesson settings though. I tried clicking the three dots on the right side of the lesson bar but there is no such option (see screenshot).

When I click on edit content there is no "Settings" option in the top bar either.

Probably I'm missing something obvious?

Steven Benassi

Hi Samira!

Glad to see Karl has been helping you!

I'm happy to share we are tracking a feature request to give Rise authors the ability to mark Lessons as 'Optional'. I've linked this discussion to the feature report and will provide updates as soon as we have news to share.

If you'd like to stay up to date, please bookmark our Feature Roadmap.