Exit Course Link Not Working in Microlearning

May 02, 2024

Hi there,

I am experiencing an issue with the Exit Course link in microlearning. Basically, it's not appearing when the course is built to our LMS even though it is set to on in the Publish Settings. I have had no issue with this up to now - previous pieces of microlearning have the link on our LMS - but the latest microlearning pieces I have designed do not (even though the Exit Microlearning link is set to on). I have tested on SCORM cloud, and the link does not appear there either.

I am wondering if anybody else has had this problem?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks. 

Pinned Reply
Steven Benassi

Hi Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we released a new update for Rise 360!

This update fixes the issue you ran into where the Exit Course button is not visible when a Microlearning course is published for LMS, and the "Exit Microlearning Link" option is enabled. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available!

Please let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!

8 Replies
Brian O'Driscoll

Further to this, I decided to add a button block to the final "screen" of the microlearning piece with an expected behaviour of exiting the course (LMS only) - and that worked. So, this leads me to think there is an issue with the EXIT COURSE microlearning link rather than our LMS - which is exiting the course if the user uses a button. Again, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Brian,

Happy to help!

I tested this behavior in a new Rise 360 Microlearning course and observed the same behavior you did. The Exit Course button was not visible in my course when I uploaded it to SCORM Cloud. I filed this as a possible bug report with our engineering team and I'll let you know if we have any new updates to share.

In the meantime, I recommend using the workaround you shared, which is to add a button block in the course designed to exit the course and bring the learner back to your LMS when clicked. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Steven Benassi

Hi Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we released a new update for Rise 360!

This update fixes the issue you ran into where the Exit Course button is not visible when a Microlearning course is published for LMS, and the "Exit Microlearning Link" option is enabled. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available!

Please let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!