Export Error: There was an error processing your request.

Nov 25, 2016

Hi,

Am on day two of exploring RISE as a possible development route.

On the plus side I love the overall workflow and the responsiveness

On the not so plus side i'd like a bit more flexibility in the visual themes (e.g. allowing for big background images/colours etc.) and a more bespoke menu/homepage etc... Hopefully that is coming.

Anyway, today (unlike yesterday) i'm getting: "Export Error: There was an error processing your request." whenever I try to publish courses. (Have tired with two different courses and also tried "web only" as well as "scorm 1.2"). These courses are amended duplicates of the sample course you ship with. 

Last night I had no problems exporting the sample course (but i've now deleted that).

One slight concern with going the RISE route for live client projects is the dependancy on your platform. If your site throws an error (or has downtime) on deadline day like this, we are absolutely stuffed! (Not the case with Storyline or any software that sits locally on our machines). So I must admit that's a concern.

Also what happens if we accidentally delete the whole course? Can we get it back (like you could if you deleted a dropbox folder by accident) or is that it, months of work gone?

I guess what i'm asking here is how mission critical have you set up the RISE service to be? (Are we talking Amazon, Google, Adobe, Dropbox levels of reliability here - or not so much?). (I do appreciate RISE has only been live for a very short time by the way :))...

11 Replies
Mike Olivieri

Hi Matt,

We really appreciate your feedback here.  We currently have a known issue with exporting courses that were duplicated. This is a high priority for us and a fix will be out early next week.  If you export a course that was not duplicated you should not experience any issues - please let me know if you do.

We are committed to making Rise uptime a priority for our customers and our engineering & operations teams are always monitoring the systems and infrastructure so that our response times can be instant. That's why you're getting a response today, even on a US holiday - Rise is for mission critical use. 

We currently do not have a way to restore your course once deleted, but it is on our roadmap. We'll always be working to improve Rise and your feedback is very helpful.

Thank You,

Mike  

Matt Fletcher

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response.

I would emphasise again that a course is likely to end up being weeks, if not months, of work (and commercial value) so i'd really hope to quite quickly see a solid method for backing up, and rolling back to previous versions etc... All the best practice type things we'd do as an agency if our work on our own hardware.

It's a bit scary that right now, because I duplicated my course and carried on working on the duplicate, I can't now publish anything until (hopefully) sometime next week. (And I also can't get back the original that I deleted). 

Thanks,

Matt

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.