Exported Rise as web only - no LMS it opens without embedded storylines

Hi all, 

I have just tested exporting a rise course to a local file and saving within SharePoint. It opens fine in Chrome but does not show where I have inserted storyline scenes into the course - just see blank place holder where it should be. 

Any ideas why this isn't working?

Thank you

Annabelle

10 Replies
Matthew Bibby

Do you have an active internet connection when testing this content?

Also, what browser are you using?

According to the Rise FAQ's:

"Note that embedded web content won't work offline unless you have an active internet connection. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge block local playback of Rise courses altogether. You'll just see a blank page in these browsers. To use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, you'll need to upload your course to a web server."

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Annabelle,

Tempshare won't work with Rise content since Rise is strictly HTML5 output (similarly Storyline/Studio 360 output published as HTML5 only can't be uploaded to Tempshare).

I don't know a ton about Sharepoint, but if you're looking for another web server option, I often use Amazon S3.  I haven't heard any similar reports where Rise Web Only content with a Storyline block doesn't playback, but if you wanted to include your Rise export here I'm happy to upload to Amazon as a test for you!