Failed – No file when downloading files from SCORM

Sep 20, 2022

Hello!

I'm experiencing an issue with file attachments in SCORMs from Rise. Previous files we attached (years ago) still work fine, but new ones cannot be downloaded. Google Chrome says "Failed – No file".

The issue seems to only appear when the files have non-international letters such as "Å".

We are a Swedish organisation and many of our file names contain Å, Ä and Ö. This has not been an issue in the past, and many of the older attached files with those letters still work fine. The filenames change when they are downloaded, to something like "LQJOcJqpSxxGbBiq_TcvOPhBFjtJCeIYm-File_Name", but that's fine as long as they at least can be downloaded.

The new files however don't have their filenames changed when downloaded, but the browser says "Failed – No file".

Removing the Å/Ä/Ö component of the file names in the file attachment blocks is far from ideal as they are as critical as any other letter for the structure of words and the ability for our users to find what they are looking for.

Can this issue be fixed somehow? Can we create an alias for the file names in the SCORM so that they at least appear correctly there? Is this a known issue?

1 Reply
Chino Navarro

Hi Peter. Sorry to hear that you are unable to download files from your Rise 360 course. Not to worry, I am here to help. I created a test word file called TestfileÅÄÖ and uploaded it into an attachment block. I previewed my course in Rise 360 and took the course in SCORM Cloud, and I was able to download the file without any issues. To help troubleshoot this more, could you provide me with the following?

1. Can you tell me the file name of one of your files?
2. Are your files word documents or something else?
3. What browser and operating system are you using?

To confirm, if you remove the letters Å, Ä, or Ö in the filename, it fixes the issue?