Failed quiz not being marked complete

May 12, 2022

Hi there,

We've built courses with Rise 360 that we are trying to load onto our LMS (Absorb). Publishing to SCORM 1.2, using all of the Reporting settings, I can't get the course to mark complete/failed if the quiz is failed. It remains In Progress even though I've failed the quiz.

Any help would be much appreciated.

5 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Joy! I understand that you want your course to be marked as completed even if your learner has failed the quiz.

If you are tracking via quiz results, please change to Track using course completion with 100%. With that option, the learner will be required to complete the quiz, but the score won't matter. 

If this doesn't work, please share a screenshot of your tracking settings with us so we can assist you further!

Allison Muscat

To expand on this, and maybe Joy is trying to do the same thing I am. I want to track the quiz, passed/failed, so the user does not receive certification unless they pass, but for those users who fail I want to see their quiz results and they do not seem to appear. I assume that is because the course is still showing "in progress". Is there a way to view quiz results when a course is "in progress"......they have no more tries left so they are as done as they can be :) 

Lea Agato

Hi Allison,

You can choose from the Rise reporting options listed in this article, where Passed/Incomplete or Passed/Failed are most likely to record both completion and success statuses in your LMS.

If you're not getting the reporting results that you need, please share the options you used and your results.  Thanks!

Steven Benassi

Hi Cas!

Sorry to hear your LMS isn't reporting quiz completion status accurately!

I see that you previously opened a support case as well. Smart move! It looks like my teammate Dexter is handling your case and replied to your e-mail with insight into this behavior. If you still have additional questions for Dexter, feel free to reply to him through your case.

I'll open the floor to our community, who may also be using Absorb LMS to share additional suggestions!