Feature: optional lessons

Oct 15, 2019

Hi everyone,

we're all about mircolearning at our company and mainly use Rise for our e-learning. While I really like some of Rise's functionalities (like the new scenario block), I still have some things on my wish list. One of them is the option to mark Rise lessons as optional.

As you know, Rise allows several ways to track. We often use the course completion for our training - but our courses usually offer some main lessons as well as some optional ones, with additional information if they're interested in more or contact info if there are any questions. Now, if I build a course with 2 "must-do" lessons and 2 "optional" lessons, I could just set the "track course completion" to 50% - but I don't have any control over how they reach that 50%. Learners could view both optional lessons, get 50% and finish the course.

I'm also facing the problem that my learners don't get that there's an optional part, even though I use a section named "optional" for those lessons.

What's your opinion - do you need the function to mark Rise lessons optional? How do you handle optional lessons? Do you have a workaround?

30 Replies