Flip Card Blurry Titles

Dec 19, 2019

The titles on the flipcards are blurry. Anyone else noticing this? Is there a way to adjust? At first I thought it was text turned to an image, but it's actually text. I'm not sure what CSS is being applied for it to look so fuzzy.

See attached. Notice the crisp text on the back of the card.

38 Replies
Jordan Best

I've noticed this as well. There's an obvious change in quality between the front and the back of the cards. Also, when I flip from the back (clear) to the front (blurry), the front stays clear until the transition ends, and then you can see it blur... almost looks like the text gets rasterized.

Discover Learning Designs

Alex your workaround works for inserted images too, which is a lifesaver! I have created icons or other images to be used for the front page of flip cards in the past but don't usually end up using them as they are always fuzzy.

I don't understand how this hasn't been fixed yet, or why it was ever set up like this?!

Thank you again.

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Discover Learning Designs!

Rise 360 compresses images when you upload them, and that could result in some bluriness.

Try adding _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file to prevent image compression. The image will upload and display exactly as you saved it. 

Let me know if that results in a clearer flashcard image!

Barry Stoner

The blurriness in Rise is my biggest gripe with the tool. 

I originally created images that were exactly the same size as the flipcard container, but they were very blurry. So I tried using larger images of 865 x 865, as used in some Articulate starter templates, which resulted in a slight improvement for Chrome and a larger improvement using Firefox. 

I'm going to try Alex's CSS fix and will apply that after publishing, but it would be great to see this fixed.