Font Settings for Blocks

May 12, 2017

Hi

Could you please let me know if you are going to implement font settings at the block level. That is font settings in the settings panel of blocks (or where it can be most easily accessed like the bold/italics/link popup), such as colour, type, size, etc. and bullet lists within blocks please. If so, when are you looking to release this?

A small side-note, there seems to be a massive space at the top of the flashcard stack (as compared to other blocks), I'm not sure why this is here, it would look more aesthetic if this could be reduced and allow the user the ability to dictate spacing.

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Dorrien,

We've got a few things on our roadmap surrounding custom fonts, colors and text formatting such as justification and bulleted lists - but the specifics or examples of each of those aren't locked in yet. You'll start to see some of those rolling out in Q3 '17! 

For the Flashcard spacing issue - could you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? That'll help me offer some ideas or determine if it's a bug we need to report to the team! 

Bridgewater Developer

Hi Ashley

I have attached images showing the flashcard stack spacing in preview mode and with the settings. As you can see in the settings, there is no padding at the top of the flashcard stack, however, there is still quite a bit of space between the stack and the paragraph block above it. It may be worthwhile to have a general review for this spacing with all items in the block library.

Thanks for the info on text formatting and I am looking forward to further rollouts. I think one of the preferable things to implement will be the font color change. As this is currently only in black, it means that background color must be light to have an appropriate contrast, this unfortunately currently inhibits the appropriate application of branding standards. For example, in the screenshots, the organisation's primary colours are blue and yellow, therefore headings with blue font on a yellow background would have been more fitting.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Dorrien for the images - I recorded a quick Peek video where I can see the padding change a bit based on the "No padding" selection  but it sounds like you're looking for a more drastic change and removing any of the extra spacing? I can bring that up with my team and get some additional thoughts from them. 

Bridgewater Developer

Hi Ashley, thanks for the quick peek video. As my screenshot in the previous post shows (and in your video), there is no padding at the top but still a fair bit of spacing. I think it would be more aesthetic to reduce that extra spacing somewhat and it may be worthwhile to discuss with your team, thanks.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.