Freelancer question about Team licenses...

Apr 26, 2021

Hello,

The most recent post (I can find) is about 3 years ago. I wondered if there was any update to this, so I will ask again here. I am a freelancer, who owns my own license. I have clients that want me to build in Rise, but I am not on thier Team Licenses. Is the only solution still this? (Needing to add me as a seat holder on thier Team License? (Link to last post I found)... https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/freelancer-questions-about-team-licenses

Thank you!

3 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Larisa,

It depends on whether you need to directly collaborate with your client on their Rise courses.

If collaboration is required (you and your client can work on the same courses at the same time), then either you would need to upgrade your personal freelance account to a Teams Account, or your client would need to provide you with one of their Teams seats. 

If direct collaboration with your client is not required,, you can build a course for them that exists in your account. Using the SHARE link, they can see the course but not collaborate or edit it. The course exists only in your account during development.

Once you have completed creating the course, you can send them a copy of the final course. Then they will have a copy and you will too. However, changes made to either copy will not be reflected in the other.