Full-width image controls frustratingly lacking

May 03, 2023

I am frustrated at the trial-and-error approach to trying to use full-width images as dividers or decorative items in Rise. The lack of control is acceptable only in a few use cases.

We should at a minimum have settings for full-width images that include the ability to:

• force the width to stay the same
  • force the height to stay the same
  • for croppable images, set a position to crop from, left, right, center, and middle
  • set zero percent opacity covering for "image with text" in case our text and background image are already fine together

Basic web builders have had these kind of image control settings for years. Are these possible in Rise currently?

2 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Jim,

Great question! You’ll want to manually adjust the crop tool to change the width, height, and crop position of full-width images. We don’t currently have options to force image width or height, set the position of the crop tool, or set the opacity for Image with Text blocks, but they sound like interesting ideas that I can share with our product team.

Thanks for reaching out!

Jim DeRosa

I'm not talking about manually cropping an image. I'm talking about when you place a full-width image, most website builders allow you to set it for left, right, or middle, so that when it auto-crops as it responds to larger and smaller viewports, the correct area of the image stays visible.

I know how to use the actually nice-to-have crop tool in Rise, but the problem is that once I crop it, it still doesn't force it to use the area that I cropped, it can pick just 300px in the middle at it's own discretion. We need some control as described above.