Fully translating courses

Nov 19, 2021

Hello, I have evaluated a bunch of tools for accessibility and scaling and found that Rise 360 provided closes to what I wanted. But I am Norwegian so I need my content to be localized to Norwegian. 

I have translated all the labels, and exported the project as a SCORM-package to translate the rest of the aria-label attributes from English to Norwegian using a code editor and some ctrl+f. Finding these attributes in the code was not too difficult, but I am a but stuck on changing the actual lang-code of the page. 

I want to change 

<html lang="en">

Into

<html lang="no">

Has any one managed to do this? I know some JavaScript and have made some websites, but found this tag really difficult to locate in the SCORM-package. 

I've managed to set the lang code for the page, but not the <iframe> containing the actual course 

Screenshot from crhome dev tools showing wrong lang tag in iframe

I have edited the lang code everywhere I found reffrences for lang codes in the code, including index.html, indexAPI.html, goodbyehtml. metadata.html, scormdriver.js, main.bundle.js and metadata.xml

1 Reply
Andreas Jacobsen

I managed to solve this, for any one that finds this in the future, this is how to change the lang tag:

• Export as SCORM 1.2-package.
  • Go to the file main.bundle.js 
  • Find the "document.documentElement.lang" tag, change it's value from "this.props.languageCode" to whatever lang code you want to use