Gap between blocks

Dec 13, 2019

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I have two blocks with the same background colour and no padding between them (ie top block, bottom padding is set to No Padding; Bottom block, top padding is set to No Padding). On a normal computer screen there is no issue. However as soon as I go down to an iPad or Mobile device, a white gap appears (see images below).

Mobile PrMobile Lc

iPad Pr

iPad landscape has a very thin gap...

However, it's not a consistent thing. The same settings are set for the two blocks highlighted here:

Is this just a thing Rise does or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Cheers

Simon

9 Replies
Legal Education
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Simon! Thanks for including the screenshots.

I tried recreating the gaps on my side by using a custom background color and no padding, but so far I'm not seeing any gaps. What block types are you using? 

Hi Alyssa

It's -

text block

image block

text block

with 0 padding between each.

Simon

Legal Education
Crystal Horn

Thanks for those details, Simon. I actually do see a slight line in the tablet views and the phone landscape views in Preview:

I'll bring this up with our team so we can investigate any changes we can make. I'm not sure about a timeline at this point, but I'll keep you posted on updates here!

Thanks Crystal, appreciate it.

Mark Banit

Just ran into this same issue, with the white gap showing through between two blocks of the same background colour. Definitely seems to be related to using a value of no padding on bottom/top between them. 

In the first screenshot, the subheading has no-padding set for bottom, and the 2 column text block has no-padding set for top. In the 2nd screenshot, I added a padding value of 10px to the top of the 2 column text block and it seems to have resolved the issue.

No padding for bottom of heading and top of text block.

10px padding added to top of text block

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.