GIF size too large for Rise

Oct 31, 2019

I have created a GIF in Vyond and imported it to Storyline 360. I then use ezgif.com to make the Storyline file into a GIF. However when I import the GIF file into Rise it's display is too large for the banner size and the image is extremely grainy. Can someone explain to me how I should resize the GIF? I have attached my Storyline file and a link to my Rise course.

https://rise.articulate.com/share/e1YNqv_NbzWNoJZpobqokbE3yBKsfuY5

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jackie! 

It looks like your goal is to add a GIF to the header image in a Rise 360 course.

The original Vyond file was a MP4 file, is that right? Could you convert the MP4 file directly to a GIF file without involving Storyline 360? I don't have experience using EZGif.com, but it looks like there's an option to convert a MP4 to a GIF file. 

Give that a try, and let me know how that goes!

Emily Green

Hey! I fixed it. I went into Adobe Premiere and processed the MP4 as 1920x1080 and exported to Animated GIF.  It's better to use Premiere Pro if you have it so that you can increase the ratio and quality. I was using EZGIF and the ratios are smaller. Your support staff helped me figure out it was sizing. thank you!