Glitchy Rise completion

Aug 24, 2023

Hi, everyone!

I'm having an issue which I cannot seem to solve, and I was wondering if anyone has come across this.

I have a Rise course comprised of 14 lessons and 2 quizzes in two separate sections. The navigation is restricted, so I shouldn't be able to advance without having completed all previous content. Testing the course in ScormCloud, I come across this issue:

Navigating lessons 1-6, then a quiz, then lesson 7 (all which comprises the first section) works well. When I navigate the second section, say up to lesson 11, and I exit the course, once I re-open the course, I'm still in lesson 11 but it appears as though lessons 8 and 9 haven't even been opened.  So, lesson 8 has a 100% completion, lesson 9 has 0%, lesson 10 has 0%, but lesson 10 has 10% completion, and the only way to fix it is to go all the way back to lesson 8 and re-take lessons 9 and 10, even though I had already completed them.

I've tried numerous tests, such as deleting specific lessons, re-ordering them, and going so far as rebuilding the course in a new course, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

1 Reply
Angelo Cruz

Hi Roberto! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are encountering with the completion of your course.

You mentioned that the Rise course was published for LMS distribution (Scorm package), what LMS standard did you choose? I suspect that you might be exceeding the susped_data limits imposed by your LMS. If in case you do, the information in the article below may help you fix it.

Rise 360: Exceeding SCORM Suspend Data Limits

Let me know if you have questions.